Wednesday, August 13, 2014

"Ki-wi?" Or "When fruits go bad."

So, I was all jazzed about our classroom fruity fiesta and decided to try more nail art. Kiwis can't be so hard to make, right guys? Right? Guys?
I began with two coats of Revlon Posh for the kiwi base. Posh is a bright, green which reminds me of the new grass during spring. This creme applies like a dream! I probably could have gotten away with one solid coat of polish (I just always prefer two).
Two coats of Revlon Posh. 
So gorgeous!


And then I created this monster. I started with an oval dollop of OPI Alpine Snow. I took a nail brush to create the white kiwi lines. I probably should have used a toothpick or a thinner brush in order to make it more delicate. A small dotting tool and China Glaze Liquid Leather completed the kiwi.

Ugh. This kiwi is rotten.


Yeah, no bueno. But, that's the beauty of nail art. Sometimes you need to fail (epically) in order to keep motivated and in order to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment