Friday, August 8, 2014

World Cat Day

I just found out it was World Cat Day - I'm the worst crazy cat lady on the planet! I quickly threw together some nail art to celebrate. Please be advised I did this in under an hour, and while it's not the greatest, it does a smile on my face and I had to share.

I wanted a neutral background, so I began with China Glaze Seashell. I don't normally do "office friendly" or nude colors very often, primarily because I love bright colors, but one of my issues with nudes is because I dislike having to do more than one or two coats of nail polish. This is three coats of Seashell, and you can still see some bald spots. It's a great peach-y color, but at three to four coats, I don't recommend this (unless I have a fluke bad bottle).





On to the kitties!

Pointer: I used China Glaze Liquid Leather and a dotting tool to make a cat silhouette. I know these are normally thin, graceful cats, but this is an homage to my fatty mcfatterton, Mr. Nibs and is a little bulkier on the tush.

Middle and ring: China Glaze Life Preserver and China Glaze Ingrid for the cat faces. China Glaze Starboard for the eyes and Zoya Shelby for noses and ears.



Happy World Cat Day everyone! But especially to Nibbler.



No comments:

Post a Comment