Friday, January 13, 2012

China Glaze White Cap

If you can believe it, this was Chicago's first accumulated snowfall this winter. Personally, I was okay waiting two extra months for snowfall, since I was enjoying the spring-like weather (50 degrees in January, tell me there's no such thing as Global Warming, c'mon). I'm also not a snow sports enthusiast, so I only get joy out of snow the first day, looking out my window. As I took in the sereneness and the beauty of freshly fallen snow - that crisp whiteness with a hint of shimmer - I knew exactly the perfect polish for the moment. China Glaze's White Cap. It had still gone untried in my collection, having been an impulsive addition to my last haul.

China Glaze White Cap
This is a white shimmer with gold and white micro glitter. In certain lights, it looks like a soft white shimmer,  in others it gleams gold and on occasion, you see a hint of purple. White Cap is a very sheer polish, but will go opaque with 3 or 4 coats.

 Two coats China Glaze White Cap
Like I mentioned earlier, this was an impulse add to my online shopping cart. Though I have several other polishes from the Anchors Away collection, White Cap had always underwhelmed me. I don't know what made me buy it, but I am glad that I did.

I am not a fan of sheer nail polishes at all. Seeing a visible nail line (VNL) really irritates me. However, I think it works for White Cap. The sheerness, along with the subtle white and gold micro glitters, convey a softness. Worn alone, it is an understated beauty. Worn as a top coat, it brings out a playfulness to any color. I would love to layer this over a pink or green, but I think White Cap would look gorgeous over any color.

White Cap is part of China Glaze's Spring 2011 Anchors Away collection. This and all other parts of the collection are available at most e-tailers.

No comments:

Post a Comment