Monday, January 30, 2012

My First Zoya - Jo

It's been a big week for nail polish in my household! My free (and first ever) Zoyas finally came in. Then I scored big at the clearance section of Ulta - 10 polishes for under $35. And lastly, I splurged and purchased half of the China Glaze Metalix collection. My little nail polish basket is going to cave in soon!



Back to the Zoyas. 



I'm a fairly devoted e-tailer shopper. When I see a salon quality polish going for $2.99, I get excited. What can I say -  I love a bargain. That being said, I've limited myself to a handful of brands due to pricing. I've seen (and tested) the Zoya brand at Ulta before, but at $8 a bottle, I never made the commitment.

Luckily for me, Zoya is brilliant in their marketing. Two free nail polishes for the cost of shipping? Sold. It was the perfect opportunity to give this brand a shot. 



Zoya Jo
This is a periwinkle blue blue polish, with silver and blue shimmer. The formula is a little runny, but nothing a steady hand can't handle. Requires two, possibly three coats. This also took a while to dry.
 
 Two coats of Zoya Jo, no base or top coats.










Let's be honest. I initially only bought this color because we share a name (and how cool is it to own a nail polish that is named after you). But, after applying it, I notice how gorgeous this color is. Jo is a very delicate, calming shade (we do not share those qualities). It reminds me of Spring skies. A very lovely and elegant blue.

I actually like this color enough, I've worn it for a full week. Seriously. Check this out:




A solid week with no base coat or a top coat?!

I've never been able to wear any brand of nail polish for a week without touch ups. As a teacher, I wash my hands no less than 50 times a day. And I'm one of those gross habitual nail biters. I'm lucky if I can keep a mani looking nice for two or three days. This is after seven days. And had I not picked at my nails while sitting in traffic, this mani probably could have gone another day.



My inaugural Zoya was a success. I'm loving this color, the durability of the polish, I even like the sleekness of the bottle.

You can find Zoya brand at Ulta and at www.zoya.com


No comments:

Post a Comment