Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Milwaukee = China Glaze Trendsetter

I know I have neglected this blog (and my nails) for a little bit, but life has been a little hectic. The Internet finally works in my classroom after a month's hiatus (just in time for all my deadlines, yikes). Also, I had been planning my BFF Becky's bachelorette party in Milwaukee. Trying to decide on group pleasing activities and coordinating 13 people to a town I've been to once was time-consuming. So, my apologies for the delay.

China Glaze Trendsetter
This is a mustard yellow/chartreuse with a beautiful gold shimmer to it. Applies smoothly. Dries shiny. Opaque in two coats.

 Two coats China Glaze Trendsetter plus Seche


I never thought I would own this color - it's not a "me" shade. While I gravitate towards glitters and "safe" colors, this color is for those brave girls who love those ugly/pretty colors. The last time I stopped at Sally's, though, this was sitting in the clearance bin for $.99 and I went for it. I figured I could step out of my comfort zone and try something new (and if I still hated it, I only spent a dollar).


When I was deciding on a mani for Milwaukee, this color called to me. Every time that I look at this bottle I think of Dijon mustard. Not that I was  channeling my inner Gray Poupon and wearing chartreuse all weekend, but I was sure going to indulge in boatloads of cheese, beer and brats. Brats with mustard. With PBR. And cheese curds. In Packers country. Yes, this color fits right in Wisconsin.


If you're feeling adventurous, I'd recommend this color. It's an unusual shade, with a pretty shimmer. If you hate mustard, you might need to pass.

Trendsetter was a part of China Glaze's Fall 2011 Metro collection. Still available at most e-tailers.









No comments:

Post a Comment