Sunday, January 5, 2014

2014: The Year of Nails.


I'm not normally one for New Year resolutions, but this year I decided I'm going to give this blogging thing another go. For the past few years, not only have I been adding to my collection, but I've also been making friends in the nail community, and become a fan of their Facebook pages and blogs. They have taught me new nail art techniques, pointed me in the direction of fantastic nail care products and have helped me gain the confidence to restart this blog. So, ladies, thank you. Because of you all, 2014 will be my year of nails.


...was that too sappy? I'm drinking wine and in love with the world.

Now, onto the nails!

For my New Year's Eve mani, I decided to go with a traditional gold and black. I started with two coats of OPI Glitzerland. But, then I thought I would kick it up a notch and free hand a chevron look using Zoya Storm and a silver nail art pen. And from this thought, came this abomination:




The horror! The horror!
Lesson learned - never again shall I attempt to free hand straight lines.

I decided to start all over again, and this time attempt my first Scotch tape mani. I think it turned out alright, considering this was a first attempt.


Two coats of OPI Glitzerland and Zoya Storm, 
topped with HK Girl.

Happy New Year! May the year of nails begin! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment