Monday, January 6, 2014

Snow Day!!!

Chicago is currently experiencing a deep freeze, with wind chills around -40, resulting in a massive city shut down, most importantly:

NO SCHOOL!!!!!!!!

Snow days as a student were fun, but snow days as a teacher are epic (and super rare at my school). I wasted spent the whole day watching trashy television in my jammies, snuggling my pets.

I somehow managed to find some during my busy day to paint my nails. To get out of the cold blahs, I decided to try one of my untrieds - GAP Bright Pool. With it's gorgeous aqua color, and pink/purple shimmer, this lacquer is a stunner! The application was great, not streaky at all, and had total coverage with two coats.

   
                                                             Two coats of GAP Bright Pool.

  
Look at that amazing shimmer! Ah, gorgeous!

The silver cap was creating a glare during photos,
but I did not want to stop taking pictures of this beautiful color.

Just looking at my nails makes me smile, and forget that it's too cold for the zoo's polar bear to be outside. It's like a tropical island in a bottle. So pretty!

I was late to the polish game, so I never picked up Rescue Beauty Lounge's Aqua Lily, but according to other bloggers, Bright Pool is a dead on dupe for it. This was released in October, so I'm not sure if it's still available in GAP stores (was retailing for $6), but if you are lucky enough to find it at the store or on a blog sale, you need to add this to your collection! 

No comments:

Post a Comment